If, like me, you love dark chocolate then you will have to seek out Marks and Spencer Dark Mountain Bar. Believe me I have tried most brands of the dark stuff but in my opinion this almond dark chocolate beats them all hands down.
Dark Mountain Bar Allergen Info:
- Free from cow’s milk and soya (although made in a factory that manufatures milk chocolate)
- Suitable for vegetarians
- No artificial colours or flavourings
- Contains sugar, nuts, eggs
- It doesn’t say ‘contains gluten’ so I think it should be gluten free
- No GI info on packet but the dark chocolate is 72% minimum cocoa solids and with the added almonds I am guessing it’s pretty low GI, despite a bit of sugar and honey.
My almond dark chocolate story
It was on the way to a long weekend in Anglesey that I first discovered the M&S almond dark chocolate at Stafford services on the M6. It was so delicious that when I realised last weekend that we were heading back up the M6 to the Lake District I couldn’t wait to find services with an M&S food shop. I literally leapt out of the car at Knutsford, only to find that they only had the milk chocolate version, noooooo!! Don’t worry we stopped later on (I think it was Lancaster) and I bought two bars. You don’t have to climb a mountain to enjoy it but we did and it tasted even better afterwards!!